Bargain Dinnerware & Cookware in Jakarta ☆ Fatma & Toko Dewi

FATMA

When you look at labels of your clothes or some dinnerware you purchase in the States, you often see “made in Indonesia”. When I was moving to Indonesia, I thought that I was going to the land of cheap shopping. On the contrary, the actual prices I saw at stores and shopping malls where expats frequent were rather high and far from bargain. Apparently I was not looking at right places. I kept thinking there have got to be cheap places to shop. Sure enough, little by little I started hearing about places.

I already wrote about one great outlet store for housewares: Kedaung. Then now, two years after we arrived in Jakarta, I was introduced to two more stores that sell dinnerware and cookware with bargain prices thanks to two of my friends. They are Fatma and Toko Dewi.

FATMA

I bought a Turkey roast pan at Fatma shown in the photo below. I’ve always wanted to own one, but I have never purchased it and have used the disposable ones in the past. The turkey roast pan at Fatma was only IDR 60,000 ($6.00). How can you pass this up? I am happy to finally own one!! I also bought a white serving dish at Fatma.

After we shopped at Fatma, we drove to another store “TOKO DEWI”. Toko Dewi was more like a whole sale store for dinnerware to cookware. The dinnerware and serveware were not as cheap as Fatma, but the cookware was a bargain and the selection was wide.

At Toko Dewi you walk into the store and you’ll see local snack in a showcase on the right.

TOKO DEWI

I picked up a frying pan from Dewi. I’ve been wanting to have a new one for a while, so I was excited to find one with a bargain price. The one I got was about IDR 100,000 (US$10). I also bought a big and small strainers and ice tongs.

There you go. If a couple of dishes got broken during the move to Jakarta or some were dropped on a marble floor and shattered, fret not. You have Fatma and Toko Dewi to shop for a whole new set of dishes.

FATMA
Jl. RS. Fatmawati No. 89A
Cilandak, Jakarta Selatan 12450
Tel: 021-725-1517
Fatma is across the street from the yellow Antik Cantik building.

TOKO DEWI
Jl. RS. Fatmawati no. 67
Blok A Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta Selatan 12150
Phone: 021-724-5476 / 720-1361 / 725-2024
Fax: 021-724-6923

Related Post

Comments

I’m sure I would lost my head right on the moment I step into the place like these – so wide selection and low prices! I have always loved spending time in dinnerware shops, even when I was a teenager and should have been more interested in clothes :))

I hope Fatma is easy to go to from Kemang! I have less than 48 hours in the city and want to go around after finishing work :) (Thank you for coming by my blog!)

• says

It is close, but depending on the traffic and weather, it can take a long time. It would be easier to get things done before 3:00 pm. After 5:00, getting to Fatmawati might cause you a headache… It might not be that bad. Traffic is unpredictable here. You’re welcome. Your photos are beautiful.

3. Laxmi says

Nice site, thanks for the very helpfull information.im going to mk dinner party for 15 people, but don’t have enough wares…. So definetly going to check this 2 shops :)

Hi Kaho, i just stumbled into your blog only yesterday and i had to read them all through, i enjoyed them so much. Thanks for the heads up for places to shop. I am a resident of Jakarta but shame on me, am too lazy to explore the city due to the horrible traffic…. My shopping has been confined to the boring malls….

• says

Ah, so nice of you! Thank you! I hear you about the traffic here though. It gets frustrating over time, but you really can’t do anything about it and feel helpless. It’s really exhausting in mind. If you have a chance to go to Kemang, you can get a few things done if you have about 4 hours. :)

Very nice info Kaho, It surely looks like a dinnerware & cookware paradise.
    I will be hosting a family gathering in April so I will definitely check them out.
    I wonder do they also have Kitchen appliance such as stove and cooker hood?

6. Sylvia L says

Kaho, you stole the thought out of my head! I was lookin’ for a roasting pan. I already had one, but I wouldn’t call it roasting pan since it doesn’t look like one. It’s just a common big square pan without handles on its sides. And I was also lookin’ for ramekin. I used to baked Crème brûlées in small ovenproof glass bowls. I couldn’t get the brûlée thingy sense without the ramekins. Thanks for all the infos. Wish you all the fun with the cookware hunting moments ^_^

• says

I am glad to be of your help! :) Enjoy shopping at those two places. I have not seen anything like that in Mumbai, my current home since August 2013, and I miss shopping at Fatma and Toko Dewi!! Happy shopping!

Trackbacks

1. […] What makes you want to try a new restaurant? In my case, a lot of times if I don’t know what to pick, it’s interior design (and menu & prices). Le Jardin was a restaurant that my friend wanted to try since she spotted the restaurant at Plaza Indonesia. She wanted to try because Le Jardin looked very cool from outside and asked me and another friend to go with her. We picked a date and went to Le Jardin. It is the same friend who invited me to her stylish home for morning tea and introduced me to Huiz van Wely in the Papilion, Plan B, Harvest Cafe, and discount dinnerware shops Fatma and Toko Dewi. […]

2. […] What makes you want to try a new restaurant? In my case, a lot of times if I don’t know what to pick, it’s interior design (and menu & prices). Le Jardin was a restaurant that my friend wanted to try since she spotted the restaurant at Plaza Indonesia. She wanted to try because Le Jardin looked very cool from outside and asked me and another friend to go with her. We picked a date and went to Le Jardin. It is the same friend who invited me to her stylish home for morning tea and introduced me to Huiz van Wely in the Papilion, Plan B, Harvest Cafe, and discount dinnerware shops Fatma and Toko Dewi. […]