Birthday Girl

I never knew until I became a parent that birthdays are exhausting. Is it just me? I had another daughter’s birthday on Tuesday, the 23rd. My two girls have birthdays within two days. It is a happy month for them, but a hectic month for me.

I made cupcakes on the night before my first daughter’s 6th birthday. I stayed up late to bake and brought the cakes to her class early in the morning on her actual birthday. I got a permission to let her classmates put icing and sprinkles on their own cupcakes during the class. It was interesting to see different personalities just by seeing how they decorate their own cupcakes.

My daughter absolutely loved the attention. She had been very excited about her birthday since October and finally the day came. She could not be happier when her classmates sang a birthday song for her and to see her glowing smile on her face blew away my fatigue.

Dear my monkey daughter, I hope you enjoyed the cupcake celebration with your friends! I’m sorry that I’m not strong enough to give you a birthday party this year. I hope you understand. I love birthday parties, so I promise, I’ll be better next year… I am ecstatic that you turned 6. It is a big number because 6 is closer to ten than it is to zero.

Comments

• says

I put frosting on the bigger one. I used a frosting kit (plastic bag and a tip) to make those little bits of frosting. It’s butter cream frosting I found online with neon color food coloring. :)

Happy birthday to both of your daughters! They are lucky to have a mother like you! <3
    I can understand that it is exhausting to have two birthdays in a row.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Hugs, Nina

Love the cupcakes! Whoa interesting to know that your daughters bdays are close to each other.. It’s rare! I guess another option is to have their bdays on the same day, with different fave cakes of their own :)

Happy Birthday to your sweathearts!

Kaho, You just made your daughter’s birthday memorable. I’m sure she will remember how her classmates sang her happy bday and that her Mom brought cupcakes to class. In my opinion you don’t need big fancy parties. I bet it took hard work to make that last cupcake. perfect 6.

4. Macarena Aristegui says

Kaho, both of them look so happy and thrilled with the school and home celebrations. Great job! You can tell that she loved her birthday dress, which is gorgeous. What an amazing little fashion plate to be able to pull off such a strong print! I adore how you swirled the frosting on the cupcakes! So cute.

• says

Thanks, Maca!! That dress is ZARA’s (although I bought it at a factory outlet store). I think of you when I see anything ZARA. :) It makes me want to travel to Spain and visit the original ZARA!

Trackbacks